Friday, December 17, 2010

Winter has definitely hit us very hard. Wednesday night ice and snow hit our county and we have been without power since Thursday morning. Luckily the kids are happy and warm with my parents in Radford. We are so blessed that they are happy and well taken care of there. I keep asking Mom if they miss us and she kindly says no.

Mike and I have been surviving. In some ways it is frustrating and annoying to be without power because I could get so much done without our sweet babes underfoot. I would love to run the vaccuum all over the house and do a good pre-Christmas cleaning on the house. I would love to cook and get everything ready for Christmas during this time but that cannot happen without power.

Mike and I went out to dinner last night and then we came home and snuggled on the couch and read with our flashlights. I miss my kids and I miss electricity, but it has been fun to be "away" at home. Our lives stay so busy and hectic that when life comes to a sudden halt due to weather it is kind of a gift. I will definitely celebrate when the lights come back on but I will always remember these few days that we have "roughed" it together in our cold house.

Mike drove me to the gym this morning because our roads are still a mess. I got a good workout in and then a hot shower! We are praying that the electricity comes back on soon so we can get the kids, but in the meantime I am enjoying Beverly Lewis' lastest book via flashlight:)

No comments:

Post a Comment