Friday, July 24, 2009

Soccer





The above pictures are David at a local soccer clinic that is happening here each week. The high school soccer coach is volunteering his time to run a soccer skills clinic for young children. I think it is a great idea and both boys are participating in it:) Above are pictures of David warming up and then in his group. I love his legs covered with those shin guards. He was so proud of himself all decked out like Kyle! We got tickled because halfway through practice, he sat down with one of the coaches and rested in the shade! That is David for you!:)

The kitchen remodel is going good, but for the last two days we have truly not been allowed to be on the floor while the new tiles set. Uggh, it is so incredibly hard but I know it will all be worth it. I am taking the kids to the lake today to get away from the dust and mess.

I took Hope to the doctor yesterday and there is a new game plan for her reflux. It appears that little Princess has a resistance to milk protein which means that she cannot tolerate dairy at all. So, I can either stop nursing and give her soy formula or I can continue nursing but cut out all dairy from my diet. Yikes, that sounded easy in the doctor's office until I came home and started reading labels of the food that I could get to in our kitchen. I will for now continue nursing and watch my diet closely and see if that helps. She also switched her meds. Hope weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces yesterday which means that her weight gain continues to be steady and appropriate for a breast fed baby.

On another note, the medical tests that we have been waiting for came back with good results!!! God is good:) My Dad has experienced some "floppiness" in his foot which concerned his regular doctor enough to send him to a neurologist. The neurologist wanted to do an MRI to look for really scary stuff in his brain that I cannot even type. Praise God his MRI turned out okay and now we can just tease him that he is a clutz after all!! Just kidding Dad-love you!

I am off to pack my SUV with beach towels, bathing suits, juice boxes etc.. it is amazing what planning needs to go into an afternoon at the lake. This is our first really nice sunny day in a long time and we are going to take advantage of it! Have a great weekend! I will post Kyle's play pictures over the weekend. I am so excited to see what he has worked so hard on this week in play practice! We are going to both shows tomorrow and I am sure it will be fun. Anytime you get children involved in a play, it is memorable:)

No comments:

Post a Comment