Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sopapilla Cheesecake

I just had to post this recipe since it was a hit tonight at the swim party. Thanks to Cathy, my MIL that turned me on to this yummy and easy recipe.

Sopapilla Cheesecake

(This is a great dessert but could also be a great breakfast in lieu of cinnamon rolls or monkey bread. Mike ate some of ours for dessert last night and breakfast this morning!)

2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
2 (8 ounce) packages of crescent rolls
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract (I used vanilla)
1/2 cup of margarine, melted
1/2 cup of cinnamon sugar (I totally did not measure I just liberally sprinkled)

Using a 9 x 13 pan, unroll one package of crescent rolls and line the bottom of the pan.
Mix together cream cheeses, sugar, and extract and spread over crescent rolls.
Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.
Pour one stick of melted butter over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Your house will smell so good while it is baking.

Laura's notes: I made one for us to practice before taking it somewhere. I forgot to use the margarine on ours and I did not notice that big of a difference. It saves tons of fat and calories to withhold butter. Hope you enjoy this-it is yummy!:)

**Update-My MIL Cathy just emailed me to tell me that she actually uses three cream cheeses and two cups of sugar which seems to me would make the yummy filling in the middle even better and more plentiful:)

1 comment:

  1. Laura, thanks for sharing. I made this for my Mom's picnic last night. I cut it into square as bars. It was all eaten except for a few pieces that we ate for breakfast this morning. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete