Friday, October 22, 2010

Weekend Preview

I surrender! I am officially waving the white flag-I cannot keep this crazy pace up anymore. The last two weekends have been ultra full of fun and this weekend looks like it could be also.

This weekend Kyle has a swim meet in Roanoke so Mike and I are each going to take a day to go with him and the other one will stay here with the little ones. I really do not like to tag team parent like this, but sometimes it must be done. Saturday afternoon I will be leaving town with my friends from church to head to Johnson City to eat a nice child-free meal out and then we are going to hear Chris Tomlin! We will get back late at night, so Mike will be on his own with all three babes:)

I feel that I must just let you know how excited I am about this concert. He is my all-time favorite Christian artist and I have been waiting about three years to see him live. Mike totally does not get my LOVE of concerts, but I am beyond excited!!!! I will probably embarrass the ladies with me tomorrow because of my excitement!!

On a sad note, Mike will have to attend a funeral this weekend for one of the beloved school board members that died suddenly this week. Mike really enjoyed working with him on the board and we both just really enjoyed his company. We are lifting his wife and four children up in prayer to get through this difficult weekend.

For some reason, the verse from Ephesians is in my head this week-God is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). My prayer list seems really long these days full of difficult situations and I know that God will be victorious in His time.

Sweet Dave is getting fitted for some bifocals today:) We went to the eye doctor yesterday and it appears that we need to upgrade his glasses. I pray this helps with his handwriting and reading since he has had difficulty reading up close lately.

I must get organized for this crazy weekend. There is always laundry to be done and I am trying to figure out how to make a Chris Tomlin groupie Tshirt to wear tomorrow night? I am picturing some jewels to make me stand out! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment