Friday, April 22, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

We have certainly packed a lot of life into the last few days around here. This Momma is tired but oh so thankful that life is just so full.

Thursday the kids got out of school early for spring break and it worked out great that the kids were able to help at the food pantry. I love that all three of my kids were at the food pantry at church. I want them to be apart of this wonderful ministry at church. My heart was so tendered to those people that waited in a long line a long time for a box off food and some pastries and bread.

Here are Kyle and Grace loading up their carts with food. In some ways I LOVE working at the food pantry and I LOVE that my kids roll up their sleeves, but it also kills me that the need for food is so great in our community. There was a young girl there this time with her two week old baby girl and it killed me that she had to catch a cab with her baby girl in tow to come get the food.

For safety I always tell Kyle and Grace to stick together and they work as a team. They are good food loaders.
The weather this week has been so warm and pretty which has given my girl a chance to work on her Tball skills.
Mike's Mom, Oma sent the kiddos Easter goodies and Hope has loved her Easter bunny. Here she is giving it some lovin'
This week has been sooooo busy with makeup soccer games. My Dave loves soccer:)
He has even got a chance to play goalie in the "goalie dress!" The rec department provides each team a goalie jersey for the goalie to wear and it is so huge that AShley and I refer to it as the "goalie dress!"
Today on Good Friday we were so blessed to be all home together. The weather today has been cold and rainy which provided us a great excuse to head to the movies to see Hop. The kids loved it and it was a cute movie.

I hate that this picture is sideways, but tonight Kyle had a baseball game in the damp cold. Brrr! It was so cold that I pulled out the hat and gloves for my little ones.
Tonight during Kyle's baseball game Kyle got another opportunity to pitch and he did so great!! I am so proud of how calm and cool he stays while he is on the mound. It makes this Momma super nervous but he loves pitching.

Go Kyle! Tonight he had seven strike outs!!
Yay Kyle!!!
He is finally getting some good hits too! It is such a big adjustment from pitching machine to kid pitch and he is enjoying this Little League season.

No comments:

Post a Comment