Monday, July 2, 2012

PICC Line Update


Today, David successful had his PICC Line placed.  He is feeling good and is excited about getting released from the hospital.  It looks like we will be allowed to go home on Tuesday.  Laura, Hope and Kyle headed to Smyth County this evening and hopefully David and I will follow in the morning.  We get to be home for the 4th and for his birthday on the 5th.  We will head back on the evening of the 5th to have chemo on Friday.

We are amazed and thankful for many prayers answered over the last few days.  It was just 4 days ago that he had a team of nurses, residents and doctors by his side for several hours worried about his condition.  While we have had great medical care here, even more impressively we have also had many interventions by our heavenly father.  I have always considered myself a christian and had a pretty strong faith but watching the amazing interventions and prayers answered has strengthened my faith exponentially.  I cannot tell you how much Laura and I appreciate all of the folks who have paused and asked God on David's behalf to be with him throughout these tough times.

David's final treatments are scheduled for July 6 and July 27.  The goal is to keep him healthy and strong as the last two treatments are designed to knock him down again.  We will be very focused on protecting him over the next month or so so that he can handle what is headed his way. 

Our family wishes each of you a Happy and Family focused 4th of July.  Thank you for your friendships, concerns, understanding, prayers, and well wishes.

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog through another blog that I read from time to time. Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your precious family. My oldest son (a grown man) is also named David so your David will join mine on a prayer list. I am confident that the Lord has raised up an army to pray for your family, most of whom you have never met and will not meet until we gather on the other side. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today. I am asking the Lord to grant you His strength, His power, and a sense of His presence in a very real and tangible way. Remember that when you are weak, He is strong. Blessings to you. A sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete