Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sweetness

Our Kyle is showing some awesome maturity these days.  He is the super helper around the house with David and Hope and we are so thankful for the young man that we are seeing.  Here are he and his buddy Ian helping little Sydney and Hope into the church.  These young men were not asked to hold hands with the little ones, they just did it. 

In the last week Kyle has fixed Hope's hair because she requested him to do it, helped Hope through her well check when she had to walk for the doctor, read books, helped me around my classroom, and just as had a giving spirit lately.  I know that we are on the verge of the teen years and life can get very complicated very soon for our young Kyle, but I am so enjoying his overall pleasant sweet spirit. 
Today he and his buddy Ian helped at FUMC food pantry.  I love this church ministry because it gives kids an opportunity to be apart of a local mission right here in our backyard. It does not take a lot of skill to sort, box, and distribute food, so all ages can be involved.  We have missed several of the monthly food pantries because we have been at UVA, and I was so thankful we were here so Kyle could spend a day serving others. 

Kyle,

We are so proud of the young man you are becoming.  I know this year as been rough where we have all been spread out all over Virginia helping David get better.  We are sad you have had to grow up so fast this year, but we are so proud of the young man you are becoming.  You have a heart that worries about me and about others and I know our time at UVA has impacted you as well.   Stay close to Jesus sweet boy because He has an awesome plan for you.  I hate we have had to endure this nightmare, but I am thankful for the maturity, sweetness, and grace I see from you because of it.  We love you and we are so proud of you!

I know Daddy and I  have both had to miss several important things this year, but our heart is with you always even when we cannot get there.  I love how you ask about our UVA friends and how sweet you are to people younger than you.  You are mature and wise beyond your years sweet boy.  I do not want you to keep growing this fast, but I cannot wait to see what God has planned for you.  Just know that we are both so proud of your maturity and kindness and my heart has been so touched watching you jump in at the food pantry, help your siblings, and be kind to everyone. 

Love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment