Thursday, July 19, 2012

Victoria's Chair



Last night I took a few hours for myself and went and got my hair cut and colored.  Cancer is like being the president-it grays your hair very fast!  Ha! 

This week has been freakishly hard-my feelings have been hurt,  people have frustrated me, my iphone took a swim in the pool, and I have been grumpy with Mike.  Last night we had to do a sterile dressing change on David's PICC line, and lets just say the first go around did not go well and I was NOT the picture of calm, cool, and collected christian Momma in front of my children.  I was scared and stressed doing it for the first time and it did not go well.  The good news is that after a phone consult with Hope's blue doctor (Keith Kilby) we rocked it the second go around. 

I got to Victoria's to get my hair done thirty minutes late and shaking like a leaf.  After catching up with her about our kids and our summers, we started talking serious.  She too is a christian and I was telling her about the last month in how I have been so excited and energized by my prayer life.  I feel for the first time in a long time I have so much peace because no matter what God is with us.  I have also enjoyed lots of bible study time while we were in Charlottesville.

Then I explained to her that this week has been horrible. I have not been a christian witness to my children, I have whined and complained about stuff that frankly I cannot do anything about, and I have felt attacked from all sides.  She then bluntly said "girl, the devil is nipping at your heels!"  She summed it all up!  Don't think for a second that the devil has been thrilled with all the bible study and intense prayer I have been up to the last month or so and so he is going after me. 

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.  I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.

Johnn 10:10

Yep, this week the devil has been after my peace, my witness to my children, and my marriage.  Those three things mean more to me than anything.  Satan knows that and he fights dirty.

So to fight in this spiritual war I will arm myself with God ad his word.  I will stay steadfast in my time with God knowing that He and He alone can give me the peace and grace that I need.  Victoria also shared with me the song above from Newsong and it is awesome!  God has been so visible and active in our lives and I am so thankful. 

Also, I was suppose to go see her Friday afternoon, but she texted me yesterday and said she had an opening last night and to come on for my cut and color.  I think God knew that last night after that dressing change I would need a little Laura time away to collect myself and he used Victoria to relay the message to me to put on my spiritual armor because the evil one is not happy with me!! 



1 comment:

  1. Dear Laura, Thank you for this post. God knew I needed to hear this particular message about the Devil coming after Christian witness and peace. I found your blogspot through someone at my church last winter and have kept up and prayed for your precious family during your ordeal. Stay strong and courageous!

    ReplyDelete