Friday, February 17, 2012

The Sinful woman

I am still working my way though Jesus One and Only bible study. It is so rich that I can only swallow small portions at a time. This morning I was reading Luke 7:36-50. Jesus was eating at the home of a Pharisee and this sinful woman came in and started washing his feet with her tears. The Pharisee was shocked and asked if Jesus knew who this was?

Jesus used the woman as a lesson on his forgiveness. To him we all are sinners, and need his forgiveness. He asked the Pharisee who would love him more? Someone that paid back a small debt or someone who had a larger debt forgiven? Clearly the bigger debt! That parable hit me hard this morning that the more sinful we are when we come to Jesus the more we love and appreciate his gift of salvation because our debt is so big.

How many times have we felt like the sinful woman crawling to Jesus wiping his feet with our tears? Sadly my pride, arrogance, gossiping tongue, or just plain righteousness has sent me crawling on my knees to Jesus begging for his forgiveness.

Now, In our dark days of this nightmare when I so clearly see his glory shining here in this place, I am so overcome with shame for my apathy. I feel like crawling on my knees this morning to him in thankfulness for the times that He has been so faithful to me and I have been merely lukewarm to him. The nightmare has shown me that even though His plan is not always easy, He is here and he loves me dearly.

I just pray that one day he will speak the words to me like he did to the sinful woman in verse 50. He said to her "your faith has saved you, go in peace".

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful you are who you are and what you are as a Mother. Because when a loved one gets this horrible news it breaks one to pieces. You are more stronger than myself.

    ReplyDelete