Monday, April 30, 2012

Change of plans

Greetings from Charlotesville. Today I got up with every intention of cleaning the house from top to bottom and getting organized. I thought we would take a quick break and get David's dreaded blood work done and then come home to resume my cleaning. After looking at his labs and speaking with the nurse practitioner we decided to hit the road to snuggle down here at Camp Pendleton and wait for David's counts to rise back up Close here to UVA.

David has not felt that great this weekend and he has had a low grade fever on and off for the last few days. Today the blood work showed us that the chemo has done its job really well and sweet boy has some seriously low white blood cells, platelets, and hemoglobin. We are here in case he spikes a fever we can get treatment ASAP. This is the lowest his counts have ever been so we are super concerned about infection. He has nothing to fight anything off so we will stay here until his next clinic visit on Thursday. We pray by then that his counts are on the rise and that we are out of the danger zone. It is also realistic to think that if his counts do not return quickly the he will receive a blood and/or platelet transfusion this week.

I really did not want to leave my babies again. Then I remembered that this is just a phase and very soon this nightmare will be behind us. We are so thankful for this condo where we can rest close to the hospital and that I am home with David so we can be here.

I think I have mentioned my new obsession with Sidewalk Prophets. Their music is awesome and I love their song "Words I Would Say"

Be strong in the Lord
Never give up hope
You are going to do great things
I already know
God's got his hands on you
So don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say

Usually I am praying these words for my children to live their lives by, but today I am praying these words for myself. It is so scary to know your child is so at risk for a serious infection, so I am praying these words for me and mike. Mike is holding down the fort at home which is a big job considering Kyle is getting ready to start his SOL tests. I had to leave my baby girl with GG and Pops to come here to nurse David. I know that this is just such a short hurdle to get over and I pray that all five of us will remain strong in the Lord knowing that He has his hand on us.

1 comment:

  1. I been wondering about David, I think of him alot and I kind of thought this might happen being all the Chemo he had. Oh, I hate that feeling for you and the only thing you can do is LET GOD! I know you will and He has got this. You are such a great Mom. Keep Praying and seeking Jesus. He will guide you in the darkest hours.

    ReplyDelete