Thursday, December 1, 2011

Good Day

Today was really a good day from Party Central. We had a visit from Pastor Jonathan and he even got David to eat some of his spaghetti!! Whoo hoo!! I think David is so over me and Mike and he enjoyed seeing a familiar face from home.

We really enjoyed our lunch from the Postons of spaghetti and meatballs, salad, fruit, and cookies. David even had some leftover tonight for dinner. The nurses are pleased with his food intake today!


Yesterday David got this in the mail from Vickie and I love it! David and I laid in his bed the other night and read the story of David and Goliath from the bible and then we got this in the mail:) We are clinging to that awesome story from the bible. Most times David acts out the bible story and he gets to be David and he makes Mike be Goliath. We are certainly fighting a Goliath here, but just like David we have the Lord with us and we are warming up our sling shot.


Ms. Teri stopped by to visit today and it was so good to see her. She is such a special soul from church:)

Teri brought this awesome picture for David of two of David's doctors-Dr. Clampitt and Dr. McDowell from Sunday school. This picture bring tears to my eyes because these two gentlemen are so awesome to our Rock Star. Dr. Clampitt (top) has already talked with our oncolgoist here on how to care for DAvid when we get home. We will be in good hands:) Dr. McDowell takes good care of David during Sunday School.

Teri caught David in a silly mood and here he is jamming to some music with Teri.


We also had a visit from Diane! It was so good to catch up with friends from home. Diane has been so generous and kind to us and she is also AShley and Jason's boss at the hospital.

Here is Rock Star rocking on with his guitar tonight. He has really felt great today but we are gearing up for another day of radiation tomorrow. Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming!


2 comments:

  1. Dear Precious Family-You are so loved & you have brightened my life with your faith, courage & love! Give that handsome fella a hug & kiss for us. Tell him he is our hero!! We are forever praying for miracles for David! Wayne & Liz Moreland, Marion, Va.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know that I check your blog daily (sometimes multiple times a day)to keep my parents updated on your little David. You probably don't know me, but I work at Marion Primary and I am currently filling in for Jessie Scott while she is on maternity leave. Your strength and faith are such an inspiration to me. I was wearing my button today into Food City in Chilhowie and one of the cashiers told me she liked it and asked where I got it. I was proud to tell her that I worked at MPS. You are in my prayers always.

    ReplyDelete