Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cool Shirts and Rock Star Updates

It is so fun to have new toys around the house. Hope got a new princess castle/tunnel and the kids have used it for nerf gun battles and all kinds of fun!

David has felt very good since the chemo on Tuesday. We are so thankful but we are battling the eating war. He has very little appetite, unfortunately, but we are trying. Even though last week he ate very well he was also very active because the weather was so warm and maybe that is why he lost weight this week at clinic? This week has been colder so maybe all this Xbox playing will help him not burn as many calories:)



Here is our little techno girl playing Ipad while watching a princess movie:) The Ipad has been a hit with us all!




Here is the Rock Star rocking on with her new paper jamz guitar from his cousins in Shreveport. He has really felt good this week and we even went to the movies to see Chipwrecked-the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie.









One of the things I love so much about Christmas break is the down time to let kids just be kids without schedules. Here is the princess castle/tunnel and if you peek inside.....



You will see two cute little people having a lasagna picnic and watching a movie on the portable DVD player. These two are so cute together and I love sweet moments like this. The nightmare has made us all appreciate sweet moments like this.



Rock Star playing Ipad. Don't you love his new David shirt? Santa brought him this new one to replace the David shirt he was wearing in the hospital. This new one is VT colors-too cute huh?! It came from http://www.etsy.com/shop/flyduds







I have ordered many times from Christie the one-woman operation behind Flyduds. Her products are awesome and I have been very pleased with every purchase from her. I let her know David's size and the colors we wanted (VT of course) and this is what we got! Too cute! (I am not being paid to say this-I just love her stuff and I love to support American Mommys working from home).





I am trying really hard to not be anxious for the scan on the 6th:) Any bible verses that you cling to during trying times would help so much. Please leave them in the comment section. Besides clinging to the promises from God's word I am also remembering what the oncologist said this week. He reminded us that we will get there, we just do not know how hard we are going to have to work to get there. I thought that was a reassuring way to look at the next nine months of treatment.




We are off to have some pizza with one of David's friends. A pizza buffet is just what the Rock Star needs today to help his calories load for the day:)

7 comments:

  1. A Bible verse that has helped me many times...II Corinthians 12:9....And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for thy strength is made perfect in weakness. God is so good to us. Pray for you all everyday. Reading your updates. God will give you strength. Betty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! It's Coach Bailey's wife again:) I don't particularly cling to this verse, (I use another), but this was on my daily flip calendar today: "Finally, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things." Phil. 4:8-9. I know how hard it is to wait on test results: I wait with my mom in Charlottesville a couple times a year, just to make sure it has not returned, "it" being that awful "c" word. So think on all the lovely, pure, worthy things God has done and is going to continue to do through David and throughout his life. Prayers always,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6,7
    We serve a God that never makes us feel unwelcomed. Prayers continue to go UP!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
    You all are in our thoughts and prayers and we along with most everyone I know are standing on God's word and praying for a miracle. Love in Christ and God Bless you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust. Psalms 91:4

    Rest assured that the God we serve is carrying little David and the family under His wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psalms 91: "He who dwells in the shelter of the most high will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust."
    Let it be know that we are all resting in the shadow of the MOST HIGH and trusting in HIM, and are praying for you all

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the above verses have given me strength at various times in my life. I also have found Stormie Omartian's book "The Power of a Praying Parent" a great help in raising three boys. In her chapter 'Enjoying Freedom from Fear" she has some great advise. Here's what she says, "There are times when fear is more than a passing emotion. It can grip our heart so strongly and so unreasonably that no actions or words can take it away. When that happens,we are being harassed by a spirit of fear. And the Bible clearly tells us a spirit of fear does not come from God. It comes from the Enemy of our soul. We have the authority and power through Jesus Christ to resist that spirit of fear. Fear doesn't have power over us. We have power over it. Jesus gave us authority over all the power of the Enemy (Luke 10:19). Don't be deceived into thinking otherwise. If fear persists after you have prayed, ask two or more strong believers to pray with you. Where two or three are gathered together in the name of the Lord, He is there in the midst of them(Matt. 18:20). Fear and the presence of the Lord cannot occupy the same space."
    I will continue to pray for you and David. I praise God for His healing hand on David's body.

    ReplyDelete