Friday, March 30, 2012

Blessings

Rock star had a good night. He has gagged a few times which tells me that he so still nauseous and trying hard not to throw up. He did eat three bites of some oatmeal last night:) poor pumpkin this latest chemo dose really knocked him for a loop. We are excited that Mike is bringing Kyle and Hope down later today!!!

My brother and sister-in-law got me this devotional book called "What if your blessings come through Raindrops?" by Laura Story. It is based on that beautiful song. Until I started this hook I had no idea that Laura Story's husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I did not get through the introduction without crying. She writes:

There is a depth of intimacy with God that can only be known through suffering. There is a reliance on Him that can only be experienced when everything else around my soul seems to give way. And if that's what it takes to make this stubborn child cling to that old rugged cross, you can have your prosperity. I'd rather have Jesus.

Laura Story writes it way better than I can, but her words made me gasp. I do not want to be here nor do I want to watch our beloved Rock Star endure this roller coaster ride called chemo, but cancer and chemo have taken this spoiled brat Momma who loves control and order and have made me realize that Jesus is all we need. I am up early this morning to read some more of this wonderful devotional book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment