Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sick buddy

So this day has not quite gone like we thought it would. David was holding his own this morning u til I got into the shower. When I came out of the shower, he was chilling and cold. I took his temperature and it was at the magic number of 101. We headed to the clinic and on the quick drive he really started shaking and his teeth were chattering.

When we arrived at clinic the doctors and nurses assessed that he had a fever and was dehydrated. Because of his fever his port was accessed, and an antibiotic was started. The antibiotic busted up the infection In his line which meant that the bacteria spread quickly throughout his body. His fever spiked, his heart rate went high, and his oxygen went down. I asked his two doctors if they were nervous and they responded that they were. Amazingly I did not fall apart and I felt Gods peace. They were scurrying around him and his doctor stood by his bed for over an hour watching his stats and I felt the peace that can only come from the Lord. I called mike and a few others and I was calm and cool.

Today was very scary. Amazingly he stale now and snoozing in the PICU. He has received two antibiotics, platelets, and blood to help him fight this infection. His latest chest X-ray showed some haziest in his lungs which means that they are suspicious of pneumonia setting in.

We are settled here in the PICU. Mike should be here soon and my other two are in good hands. David's stats have stabilized and we are being closely monitored here in the PICU. Sadly this is what we were afraid of after this last dose of chemo, but I am so thankful for the care that we received today. It was crazy in clinic today but we were in good hands with the clinic staff and of course our Heavenly Father has us in the palm of His hand. My heart is so full of gratitude that we were here when this happened, for our wonderful and compassionate care, and for our Jesus who covered me with His peace today when my baby took a turn for the worse.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you so thankful for that peace that passes no understanding and you know that it can only come from above. Thank you Jesus. Praying for little David and all of you.

    ReplyDelete