Monday, November 28, 2011

Love From Home

Our Rock Star is hanging on tonight after a big day of chemo. He acted like he wanted to get sick earlier, but thankfully he curled up in my lap and went to sleep. He is taking Zofran every four hours to help curb the sickness from chemo.

We had several teacher visitors today!! Thanks ladies for stopping by:)

Here is David with Ms. Kilby from CES. Her husband Keith was one of the nurses that was working in our ER when we got the devastating news about David. I think he held me while I cried. They are special people and we love them so. She came today bearing gifts from home:) Have we mentioned how rotten this boy is?!

Your gifts, cards, books, and homemade cards like this one mean so much to us. Isn't this card adorable? We love it! We are slowly working on our thank you notes, but until we get them all done, just know we are so apprecitative of all the love. Mail time is exciting around here:) We read every card and they make us smile. Smyth County you all know how to show a family some love and stand in the gap. We are proud to call it home.



Kelley Crewey from Chilhowie made these Team David cupcakes!! Aren't they adorable? We have shared some with our favorites nurses and 7 Central is on a sugar high tonight!:) These are beautiful and we also love the whoopie pies. Thanks so much!!!!



David has felt like rocking on on Youtube today, and the song of the day is Our God by Chris Tomlin. If you have not listened to this song, pull it up on Youtube and enjoy it! David can rock it!! He knows every word:) We had a nurse tonight say that she loves to come into our room and sing along with christian music with us.



Rock On Baby! Our God is greater, Our God is stronger, God you are higer than any other, Our God is healer, Awesome in power, Our God, Our God. This is a perfectly awesome song to sing as we start this next chapter of chemo/radiation in our fight against Goliath. Good night from Party Central!

7 comments:

  1. You don't know me but i have been following your family's story. I am from Marion and live in Abingdon so we are "neighbors". I so admire your faith and am praying for your family. I am a 13 year cancer survivor and my children were small when I was diagnosed. That was scary but what you are facing is so much more. I trusted God then and He got me through. I know your faith will give you the healing and peace your family needs. Just know there are so many of us praying for you guys! Go Team David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping this blog. People ask me how can you read that blog, doesn't it make you cry. Yes I cry many times, but more than that I find comfort in your entries. Even though this is going on and many of us would ask "why us"-you never have, you are drawing strength from God, and uplifting his praises. We continue to pray for David. I think of you all every minute, and I have told Jason and Ashley many times, I know in my heart that David will beat this. There is not a doubt in my mind. God Bless You All at Party Central, and give the Rock Star a hug from the people of RR.
    Sabrina King

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for your David! You are all doing an awesome job! What a wonderful family! Blessings to you all!

    Don't tell God how big your problems are...
    tell your problems how big your God is.

    With prayers, a friend of a friend of yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all are one awesome family. After reading your blog and listening to the Christian songs, I feel so much closer to God. Thank you for that. Thanks for keeping us up to date on our "Rock Star". David you have many, many fans that are praying for you and your family.
    Love and prayers from a family member of a Smyth County employee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family and I continue to pray for David and each of you. Thank you so much for your witness and testimony for our Lord ... you are truly a blessing to others!
    Sincerely,
    Pam Hill
    Smyth Co Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to drop you a note to tell you how many prayers I know have gone up and will continue to go up to God for your family. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
    With love and prayers,
    Cindi Poe
    Chilhowie Middle Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's 11:00 at night and we're reading your inspirational words and crying with you. We're praying for you, for your strength, for David's healing and his fight to get rid of this monster!

    You're in our prayers!
    Kim, Steve and Tyler Msg. from Tyler:
    David, i hope you are feeling better. from tyler

    ReplyDelete