Thursday, June 21, 2012

Baseball and Summer Fun

We have had a fun week at the ballfield with Kyle's All Star team.  Tonight is the last game of Area play and so far we are undefeated!!  This is a team full of great boys that love to win!

Our friend, Sarah took these awesome pictures of Kyle in action!
This boy loves to pitch and he keeps his cool on the mound better than his Momma does!
He also loves to bat clean-up!
Of all the pictures that she took, this one is my favorite because I love that expression on his face.  Kyle is our tender-hearted thinker, but he is a competitor and wants to win when he steps out on the field.  I think he looks like his Daddy in this picture with his serious expression:)

Today I had to make an emergency trip to the dentist to get my broken tooth fixed.  Bill Thompson fixed me right up-he is such a sweet dentist:) 

After the dentist the little ones and I played outside while Kyle rested for his game tonight. 
They had such fun with this fire hydrant hose and I love this picture of our crazy girl!!
This time last week this little guy was sick sick in the hospital so it is so awesome for us to see him SMILING and having fun outside.  He looks so different with his glasses off!:)
Our handsome, bald-headed warrior!

This picture clearly captures how close these two are.  They have such fun playing together and she did not mind at all that he was chasing her with that hose!

It is now confirmed that David's next treatment is scheduled for Friday, June 29th.  It should be just a day trip (hopefully) and his last treatment is scheduled for July 20th!!!  My brain is having a hard time accepting that we are almost at the end of active treatment.  We are so excited to think that life could get a little more "normal" soon, but we will always be nervous about relapse. 

When I get so nervous about relapsing I just remember God's grace.  His grace is truly sufficient for us despite what we are facing.  He will continue to walk this journey with us and we are not alone. 

1 comment: