Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday Update

Davids port has successfully been taken out!!! We are so hoping and praying that it was the source of the problem and that we are now in healing mode. He has woken up a few times from sedation and did complain about the IV's so we are nervous that it will be a long couple of days until they can come out. Sigh.

The new plan is now to stay inpatient until Monday so that he can get several more days of antibiotics through his IV to clean out all the bacteria in his sweet body. I dread staying here that long, but we can do it!! Before discharge Monday or Tuesday, he will have a triple dose of chemo. I worry that his body is too beat up and weak to handle it, but it must be done to get to the end. All these hospital stays, infections, and chemo have taken a toll on him physically over the last month. It breaks my heart how pale, skinny and sad he looks. He continues to amaze us with what he has endured. I am so proud of this amazing fighter.

My heart has been so heavy and sad over the last few days. I know we are on the home stretch and that God is with us, but I am so sad that our buddy has endured so much lately. I have prayed so hard for peace and comfort for him, and spent time reading my bible for comfort.

God's promises are so reassuring and when I get sad or worried I remember who He is.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, he will never leave you nor forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6

Despite where we are, despite the pain my child is in, despite my sins and flaws, He will go with us and he will never leave us. For this Momma who feels like I am in a pit of despair this week watching my child endure much, I am so thankful for Gods promises. May god be glorified though this nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment