Monday, January 23, 2012

The plan

I just met with the oncologist and she confirmed that David has an infection and that is the reason for the fever. He will need a platelet transfusion because his platelets are very low. This was to be expected due to the last chemo regimen last week. It is intended to bottom out those cells. His radiation was put off until tomorrow until he is more stable in terms of his fever and vitals. We are still in the PICU but he is stable enough to go to the floor when a room becomes available.

As parents he looks very sick to us. He is in and out of sleep and his fever is up and down. The oncologist said that she is comfortable with him coming out of the PICU because his vitals are improving. She reassured me that even though he is super sick looking now, with fluids,platelets, and an antibiotics, then she thinks he will bounce back quickly. She expects us to be here at least until Thursday. There are criteria will have to meet to get to go home.

Thank you for all your prayers. I have the best song In my head called forever reign by Hillsong. I have heard It a lot at church and then it was on this awesome CD I got from a sweet blog reader in Salem. Check it out on YouTube, but my favorite line is

You are Peace
You are peace
When my fear is crippling

He is truly the Peace that has gotten us through these last hard and scary days. Thank you dear friends for praying for our sweet Dave and for Mike having to leave this morning for home for important work meetings. Peace from the PICU!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord, Halleujah!!! I've been praying so hard for you all this AM. I've been sending messages to family and friends to pray lots today for David. Prayers are going up as I type. I've got the music on your blog blasting as I pray. Love and Prayers to all.

    ReplyDelete